Don’t wait to try these simple keto cheese breadsticks dipped in homemade marinara.
These keto cheese breadsticks are the perfect snack and cost less than buying them.
If you know keto, you understand just how expensive it can be to buy from a keto bakery.
Today, I want to share how to make these keto cheese breadsticks in less than an hour.
Come on, let’s make this.
Over the years, we’ve created so many of our favourite keto recipes that include these cheese breadsticks.
Sometimes I like to smear mayonnaise on a cheese breadstick before I dip it in the marinara.
Call me crazy, but I like to mix up flavours when I eat my food, so I can taste what I eat.
However, Mrs. CBB likes to add shredded mozzarella on the top and put them back in the oven.
Can we say extra gooey cheesy breadsticks?
I won’t lie; they are good, but I prefer an old cheddar shredded over top of the baked breadsticks.
Most people who follow keto will have the staple fathead ingredients on hand.
You can serve keto cheese breadsticks in less than an hour from oven to table.
Best Cheeses For A Keto Diet
Goat cheese surprisingly has zero carbs and it’s easier to digest since it’s low in lactose.
I find goat cheese has a fantastic tangy flavour which adds a twang to any recipe I use it for.
We buy the double pack of goat cheese at Costco found in the cheese refrigeration display.
Below are the keto cheese options that we buy mainly from Costco Canada offering the best prices.
I’ve also added the carb amounts for each cheese to help give you an idea for those who count carbs.
Net Carbs In Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese 3.1g net carbs per 100 grams
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Keto 1.6g net carbs per 1oz
- Ricotta Cheese 3.8g net carbs per 1/2 cup
- Feta Cheese 1.2g net carbs per 1 oz
- Brie Cheese 0.1g net carbs per 1oz
- Old Cheddar Cheese 0.4g net carbs per 1 oz
- Parmigiano Regianno Cheese 4.1g net carbs per 100 grams
- Emmenthal Cheese (Swiss cheese) 5g net carbs per 100 grams
- Halloumi Cheese Zero net carbs
- Goat Cheese (Costco) Zero net carbs
How To Make Fathead Dough For Keto Cheese Breadsticks
I used a fathead dough as it offers the best texture for the keto cheese breadsticks.
The idea is that you want a gluten-free dough that will hold up to dip in the marinara sauce.
This recipe makes two if you’re serving the keto cheese breadsticks for a party, game or movie night.
I used a pizza cutter and ended up with ten keto cheesy breadsticks, and oh my, they are GOOD.
Fathead Dough Ingredients for the keto cheese breadsticks.
- 2 cups of shredded pizza mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon double-action gluten-free baking powder aluminum-free
- 1/2 brick cream cheese softened 4 oz
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
How To Make Dough For Keto Cheese Breadsticks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients, then mix – almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Using a medium bowl, crack the eggs, beat them, and set them aside.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese and softened cream cheese cubes to a microwave-safe, medium-sized bowl.
- Microwave the cheese mixture on high until entirely melted for about 2 minutes.
- Start by mixing the cheese up while it’s hot and pouring it into the dry mixture bowl.
- Mix the melted mozzarella cheese and dry mixture until combined
- Add the eggs and mix until you form a dough ball
- Knead the dough until everything is combined and then cut the dough in half
- On the parchment-lined baking sheet, shape two rectangular shapes with the dough.
- Roll the dough approximately 1/4 inch thick and brush with melted butter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (add tinfoil lightly over the top if it browns too quickly)
- Remove from the oven and grate the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese over the top while it’s hot.
- Cut into 5 long rectangular shapes by cutting off the edges to make them straight.
- If you want 10 breadsticks, cut the shapes in half.
- Eat the leftover corners because they are just as delicious.
- Leave the cheese breadsticks to cool or serve them hot with the marinara sauce.
How To Make Marinara Sauce For Dipping
- Small can of diced tomatoes or 2 medium diced tomatoes
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper
- 4 basil leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a small pot, then add the minced garlic.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper and basil and stir together.
Let the sauce reduce for approximately 20 minutes on medium heat.
You can make the marinara sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you don’t like homemade marinara sauce/pizza sauce, you can buy salsa in a jar or use something to your liking.
Varieties of Spices To Flavour Keto Cheese Breadsticks
I’ve kept the flavour of my keto cheese breadsticks recipe simple without any other added spices.
However, adding some of these delicious spices can make keto cheese breadsticks.
- Fresh Organic Garlic
- Garlic Powder
- Dry Oregano
- Fresh Basil
- Dry Basil
- Fresh Chives
- Dried Chives
- Onion Powder
- Real Bacon Crumble
Any fresh or dried spice is perfect as long as you eat it.
I’ve added fresh basil, onion powder, garlic, chives and bacon.
I hope you’ve all enjoyed the recipe and the short read of the information above.
If you try my recipe, please comment below to tell me how you liked it.
Thanks for stopping by,