Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
These holiday no-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles are made with four ingredients and are easy to make when you want a delicate treat that your guests will enjoy.
Holiday Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
When making this easy four-ingredient chocolate peanut butter truffle recipe, everyone will be begging for the recipe.
I’m a big fan of truffles and chocolate, but combining peanut butter with chocolate is even better.
I’ve made truffles for a while now, and although they are easy, many people tend to shy away from them because the name “truffle” sounds posh and must mean they are challenging to make.
Hardly the truth, as you will find out today.
If you are in a pinch and need an easy treat to bring to a gathering, you can quickly whip up some chocolate peanut butter truffles.
Even dipping the truffles in chocolate is not time-consuming and relaxing for me.
You can use the same chocolate dipping process as Mr.CBB for his peanut butter balls.
Easy Christmas Dessert Recipes
Unless they are passionate about baking, most people don’t want to spend any more time in the kitchen baking than they have to.
Creating simple holiday recipes is part of what I do because although I love to bake, there are times when simple is best.
With this truffle recipe, you will see that it’s so easy, and a huge bonus is that you don’t even need to bake them.
Four Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Today’s peanut butter truffle recipe has Oreo crumbs inside, cream cheese, and peanut butter, then dipped in chocolate.
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- Peanut Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate
There are many kinds of truffle recipes that you can create, such as peanut butter truffles, white truffles with coconut, Oreo truffles, birthday truffles, gingerbread truffles, and on and on.
The chocolate truffle recipe is top-rated since you can add ingredients like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles.
Why did I decide to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles?
Well, I’ve started taking cake orders, and I add my chocolate peanut butter truffles to some of the cakes I make.
Cakes I’ve Made
I also had my first cake order this week, not just one cake, but two cakes.
My customer originally wanted me to create five cakes for her, but I thought it was a bit ambitious for my first order!
She inspired me to make cakes for five birthdays and one anniversary (7th – Copper).
So my artist hat goes on, and I start coming up with ideas to make these the best cakes ever.
I thought it made more sense to create one cake, and the second would be a cinnamon bun tier cake.
She loved the idea because it was unique.
As you can see from the photo, it turned out pretty amazing and will undoubtedly be a dessert guests will discuss.
Even though I impressed myself, I put lots of hard work into this order.
I know I will improve with more experience, but this is a passion of mine.
Now comes the hard work.
Neighbors Who Help Neighbours
Fortunately, my neighbor could lend me some cake-decorating piping bags and tools until I could buy my own.
This was a trial to see if It would be a great way to make a go of it without buying everything and then deciding the cake business wasn’t for me.
I love my neighbors, as they have always been on hand. We have to help out in any way we can.
Unfortunately, not all neighbors are like this, so I am very fortunate.
Don’t be afraid to ask to borrow as long as you give it back.
Amidst this, I decided to decorate the cinnamon bun cake with chocolate truffles, which I will show you how to make.
I usually make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles at Christmas as they make excellent gifts for teachers, friends, relatives, and Mr.CBB’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, Coconut Balls, and Snowballs.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- 1/2 Bag Oreo crumbs (200g)
- Four tablespoons Kraft Chocolate Peanut butter/or plain smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tub (6ml) chocolate Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 Pack semi-sweet chocolate chips (300g)
- Please remove the cream cheese and let it get to room temperature, making it easier to cream with the other ingredients.
- Place the cream cheese, Oreo crumbs, and peanut butter into a bowl and, with a fork, mix until it becomes smooth.
- On a baking tray, place some parchment paper, then scoop one teaspoon of the truffle mixture with your hands until it forms a ball, and put it on the baking sheet.
- Once done, place the baking sheet into the freezer for 15 minutes,
- Melt your chocolate (I do mine in the microwave) in a Pyrex bowl or jug. I do have a preference here and do mine in a jug as it’s not so messy.
- Take your truffles out of the freezer. If they are hard to touch, they are ready. If not, leave for a further 5 minutes.
- One at a time, place your truffle mix into the chocolate.
- Using a fork and spoon, turn gently, then tap to get any excess chocolate off and place back onto the parchment.
- Return the tray to the freezer for one hour or until the truffles have hardened.
- Store in a plastic container in the freezer or freezer bag for up to 6 months.
You have a delicious chocolate peanut butter truffle for any holiday or gathering.
If you want to adult your chocolate peanut butter truffles, add a couple of caps of brandy or flavored liqueur to make them extra special.
I have often made a couple of flavors like a chocolate box and drizzled extra colored chocolate over the top for each flavor.
So next time you have a special occasion like a wedding or Christmas baking, try these as wedding favors as a table treat or for that special teacher.
More CBB Recipes
- Hot Cross Buns
- Cherry Cheesecake
- Easy Rice Pudding
- Homemade rhubarb blueberry sauce
- Easy Granola Bars
- Homemade lemonade