My Keto Maple Syrup takes approximately 20 minutes to make and is a budget saver with zero net carbs and calories.
For what you pay, buying processed keto maple syrup will only cost you a couple of dollars.
A bonus is that you get twice the amount that lasts up to a month in the refrigerator.
A small note about this maple syrup is that it can’t be used in place of maple syrup in a recipe.
I know I tried and failed miserably and wanted to save you the money and the hassle.
Come on, let me show you how to make keto maple syrup and save your grocery budget some cash.
In the past, we’ve used Sugar-free maple syrup such as Ed. Smith for $2.99 at Food Basics, or you can find Mrs. Butterworth’s Sugar-Free Syrup for $3.99
These days, however, we typically order a 250ml bottle of keto maple syrup from Amazon for $13.00.
The brand is called Steeves Sugar Free Maple Syrup, and it’s pretty darn good.
What we weren’t so keen on was the price.
We made a homemade keto maple syrup with some research and knowledge about simple syrup from Mrs. CBB.
It’s almost like the real deal but without pure maple sugar.
Keto Approved Sweeteners
In one of my most popular articles about the keto diet, How much does the keto diet cost? I explain the different varieties of sugar substitutes.
You may read conflicting articles online about sucralose or Splenda that will kick you out of ketosis, but that’s not true.
At least for Mrs. CBB, she had no problems using sugar-free syrups to flavour her coffee and desserts.
She tested using blood ketone strips before and after consuming a coffee, and she was fine.
On that note, not everyone is the same, so I always suggest finding what works best for you.
- Monk Fruit
- Torani Sugar-free Syrups
- Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar
- Swerve Brown Sugar
The brown sugar will give your syrup a deep colour like true maple syrup.
Three years ago, we toured the maple sugar bush and were told that there are different grades of maple syrup.
It was such a fun day if you enjoy pure maple syrup or want to learn how it’s made.
Moreover, I used what education I learned to make my sugar-free maple syrup recipe.
Types Of Maple Extracts
The keto maple syrup recipes tasted lovely, although you get more of an authentic maple syrup flavour with pure maple extract.
Furthermore, the choice is up to you and your budget; however, the large bottle of maple extract will last longer and go further.
As for the vanilla extract, we always use pure vanilla extract.
Although pricey, it makes a huge difference compared to imitation vanilla extract.
How To Make Keto Maple Syrup
A printable version is below
Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Granulated Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 tablespoon of grass-fed beef gelatin
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract or imitation (see notes above)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Extract or Imitation (see notes above)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Sugar-Free Maple Syrup Instructions
- In a small bowl, add xanthan gum and 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir until the xanthan gum dissolves and let sit for 3 minutes
- Add the vanilla and maple extra and stir using a whisk until it looks like a gelatin lump (see photos above)
- In a pot set at dial 4 on the stove, add the remaining water, sugar and salt and mix often. Once the simple syrup starts to bubble, remove it from the stove.
- Add the gelatin lump into the warm water and stir until dissolved.
- Put the pot back on the stove on dial 3 and stir until you get a smooth consistency.
- Take the pot off the oven and cool it before putting it into two 250ml jars or bottles.
Pour a liberal amount on your recipe choice with a nob of butter and enjoy.
The best review came from our son, who devoured two slices of French Toast for the win.
In addition, he has very few foods that he will eat due to sensory issues that make us feel amazing.
Indeed we knew that we nailed the maple syrup when he finished and brought his dish to the sink.
Discussion: What would you like to try this keto maple syrup on? Could you leave me comments below? Also, if you have any other keto maple syrup flavour ideas, let me know.
Subscribe To the Canadian Budget Binder And Get My Exclusive CBB Emergency Binder FREE!