Preparing a Cold Keto Tuna Pasta Salad is easier than you think for a keto or gluten-free lifestyle.
At least one of our summer salad recipes must contain tuna and pasta, so Mrs. CBB doesn’t feel left out.
When we rented a room, we made a large batch of tuna pasta salad on Sunday so we didn’t need to cook all week.
However, we used commercial pasta made with flour since we ate what we wanted and stayed active.
Today, let me show you how to prepare Keto Tuna Pasta Salad for a picnic or summer bash at home or the beach.
Types Of Zero Carb Pasta and Low-Carb Pasta
While shopping at Costco this week, we found a new zero-carb pasta product called Haiku Organic Konjac Vermicelli Noodles for $11.99.
I purchased a box for testing the pasta and seeing if it was good enough to add to our Costco Keto grocery list.
I’ve tasted delicious konjac noodles in the past, but the price spiked to $5.99 a pack, which fed one person.
For this Keto Tuna Pasta Salad, I ordered a package of Liviva Pasta made with organic shirataki and oat fibre.
As the Konjac noodles have zero carbs, the Liviva Spaghetti has 4 net carbs for the entire bag.
Each bag of Liviva Spaghetti has 2 packages, every 200 grams. For every 100 grams, there is 1 net carb or 2 net carbs per package.
I used one package of the shirataki oat fibre pasta to make this recipe to feed 2 to 4 people.
If there are other side dishes or proteins to go along with the keto tuna pasta salad, I will go with 4 servings.
However, if you are only eating the keto tuna pasta salad as a meal, there is enough for two servings.
Other Keto Pasta Noodles To Try
Other zero-carb pasta or keto pasta to try are the following:
- Wonder Noodles Zero Carbs 2 pack Wonder Noodles Variety Pack Keto Pasta, | Zero Carb Noodles, | Kosher, Vegan – Friendly, No Sugar, No Fat, | Ready to eat, Paleo Pasta | Fettuccine (14 Oz.) Spaghetti (14 Oz.)
- Organic Thai Style Konjac Noodles: Better Than Foods Better Than Pasta Organic Konjac Thai Style Noodles, 385 Grams, Zero Carbs.
- Yuho Shirataki Konjac Pasta – YUHO Shirataki Konjac Pasta and Rice Variety 8 Pack Inside, Vegan, Low-Calorie Food, Gluten-Free, Fat-Free, Keto Friendly, Zero Carbs, Healthy Diet Pasta 1520g, 3 Noodles, 3 Fettuccine and 2 Rice
If your store has a different brand of keto pasta noodles that you like or want to try, go right ahead.
The idea of this recipe is to find a keto noodle that is low-carb or zero-carb so that you can eat the foods you enjoy.
Can I substitute the pasta in this recipe for regular pasta?
Yes, by all means, if you want to try this recipe with pasta noodles, it works perfectly.
Types Of Tuna For Cold Keto Tuna Pasta Salad
Both Mrs. CBB and I are enormous fans of solid white tuna from Costco; however, no matter what store, they are expensive.
We’ve ordered 6 packs of Cloverleaf light flaked tuna in the can for this recipe as they were far cheaper and perfect.
The cans of tuna went on sale a few months ago for less than a dollar a can in the 6 pack, so I bought four packages.
Again, the same month Amazon Canada had a 24-pack of Clover Leaf Flaked Tuna on sale, which I also purchased.
Clover Leaf Flaked Light Skipjack Tuna in Water – 170g, 24 Count – Canned Tuna – All Natural Ingredients – High in Protein – 13g of Protein Per 55g Serving – Wild and Traceable Tuna – Trace My Catch
- Canned Solid White Tuna – Clover Leaf Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water – 3 x 170g, 3 Count – Canned Tuna – All Natural Ingredients – High In Protein – 14g Of Protein Per 55g Serving Drained – Wild And Traceable Tuna – Trace My Catch
- Raincoat Trading Company Tuna No Salt Added, 142 g Wild Skipjack Tuna
- Kirkland Solid Tuna – KIRKLAND SIGNATURE Skipjack Tuna Solid Light Tuna in Water 8×184 Grams Net Wt 1472 Grams, 1472 Grams
While on Amazon Canada, I purchased a few cans of Eden Foods Black Soy Beans for this recipe.
I also purchased a can of black sliced olives at Food Basics for $0.99.
If you don’t care for the beans or olives, you can leave both ingredients out of the recipe.
How To Make Cold Keto Tuna Pasta Salad
Printable Recipe Below
- 1 200g package of Liviva Spaghetti drained and dried pan-fried to remove excess water
- 1/2 cup black soybeans
- 1 orange pepper sliced and cubed (use any pepper you like) green, yellow, red, orange
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 3 red radishes washed and sliced thin
- 1/2 of a tiny fresh lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 dill pickles sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup of seedless cucumber cubed
- 1/2 cup of full-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 can of tuna drained
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon of each.
Instructions On How To Make Keto Tuna Pasta Salad
- In a large frying pan on medium heat (dial 5), add the strained keto pasta noodles to dry out some of the water for five minutes. Stir the pasta around and turn off the heat when finished to cool. If there is any liquid in the frying pan, pour the pasta into a strainer. Let cool for five minutes.
- Open your can of tuna and drain the liquid.
- On a chopping board, slice and dice the cucumber, pickles, pepper, radish and spring onions.
- Pour the veggies, including the black soybeans, into a large mixing bowl along with the cooled pasta.
- Add the lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and mayonnaise and stir it into the veggies, pasta and tuna.
- Refrigerate overnight or until chilled to your liking.
Printable Recipe: Keto Tuna Pasta Salad
Unfortunately, I do not do macros or net carbs as I’m not a nutritionist.
You can learn how what products we use in our keto kitchen and tools to find out our ketones.
I hope you love this keto summer salad; please let me know any changes you make in the comments.
Subscribe To Canadian Budget Binder
Subscribe To the Canadian Budget Binder And Get My Exclusive CBB Emergency Binder FREE!