Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
I’m all about creating easy keto recipes, and these Copycat Keto Snickers Bars are delicious.
Only this year at Halloween did our son try a mini Snickers bar, but he didn’t like it.
Of course, he handed me the Snickers bars to dispose of, but instead, I ate them. lol
I had never had a Snickers bar before, so I was impressed with the nuts, caramel, and nougat.
It took some time for me to make a peanut butter nougat-type base, but let’s be real; I don’t have the secret recipe.
Both Mrs. CBB and I loved these keto Snickers Bars, and I hope you will too.
Let me show you how I made these amazing Keto Snickers Bars.
History Of Snicker Bars
Did you know Snickers Bars were introduced 91 years ago and marketed worldwide?
That’s a long time for a chocolate bar to be relevant to the masses, but it’s still a very popular confectionary.
“Snickers (stylized as SNICKERS) is a chocolate bar made by the American company Mars, Incorporated, consisting of nougat topped with caramel and peanuts enrobed in milk chocolate. The annual global sales of Snickers were $2 billion as of 2004.” – Wikipedia.
The hardest part of this recipe was the nougat because it’s tough to replicate.
Either way, it’s an almost copycat version of a Keto Snickers Bar.
Also, if you don’t care for the sugar-free keto version, use the same ingredients but with sugar.
Did I mention you could buy a 1lb Snickers Bar on Amazon?
You’d find me hiding in the closet with that if it was in my Christmas stocking.
How To Make A Keto Snickers Bars Base
Ingredients For Keto Snickers Bars
- 1 cup whole roasted peanuts
- 2 cups of just peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve Icing Sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and icing sugar to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
Often, I will use a cooking spray on the bottom of the pan before I add the parchment to help it stay in place.
Layer the whole roasted peanuts on top of the peanut butter base.
Note: If you do not have Swerve icing sugar and only the granules, put them in a coffee grinder to make it icing sugar.
Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce To Layer Over The Peanuts
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (shake it up)
- 1/2 cup Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Sugar-free
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, add 1 shaken can of quality coconut milk, Sukrin Gold brown sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and then lowering and stirring until it’s a golden brown caramel consistency.
- If you want a buttery caramel add 1 tbsp of butter or to keep it vegan eliminate the butter.
- This should take about 15-20 minutes in total but be sure to keep stirring especially if any foam from the coconut milk forms.
Once the caramel is done and cooled for a few minutes, pour it over the peanut butter base.
Chocolate Topping For Keto Copycat Snickers
Melt the sugar-free chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or over a double boiler.
Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter base with roasted peanuts and caramel.
Make it as even as possible but don’t stir anything in the pan, or you’ll mix the ingredients.
Put the pan into the refrigerator for an hour to harden it up before slicing it into bars or squares.
Typically I will put the pan into the freezer, but the choice is yours.
Remove the bars from the pan with the parchment paper and cut them into whichever size you like.
I cut my batch into nine large squares, but it easily could have been 12.
Below is the Printable version of this recipe.
Other Popular Keto Recipes
- Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Easy Keto Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Keto Chia Seed Pudding (Varieties)